Transform the life of visually impaired
In 2004, Sun Chunliang was a shy, silent boy who was totally reliant on neighbors to cut tofu into small pieces for him to sell for a living. Later that year, he received cataract surgery from Orbis…
Today, Chunliang is selling tomatoes he grows all by himself. Who could have foreseen that our donors not only transformed his future, but also that of his entire family!
We may have unknowingly consumed on non-essentials every month. A full meal, an exciting movie or a stylish dress can probably make you fulfilled. However, if the expenses can be turned to sustained donation, it helps the neediest patients regain their vision.
- MOP50/month = subsidize strabismus surgery for 1 child each year.
- MOP120/month = subsidize cataract surgery for 5 people each year.
- MOP250/month = distribute antibiotics that will protect 500 people from blindness-causing trachoma each year.
- MOP500/month = fund training for 1 ophthalmic nurse who will provide eye care services and surgery to prevent corneal-scarring caused by infectious trachoma in rural areas each year.
- MOP1,000/month = finance 6 rural eye camps which will examine 3,000 adults for cataracts each year.
Eye diseases cannot be eradicated overnight. Patients need valued supporters like you to continuously enhance blindness prevention and treatment facilities and skills across the developing world. Your regular monthly donation gives us stable and continuous resources we need to conduct sustainable sight-saving initiatives around the world. Our ultimate aim is to ensure our partners can independently provide affordable, accessible and sustainable quality eye care for all. Your regular donations via bank/ credit card autopay also help free up funds by simplifying and cutting administrative processes and costs, which also help us maintain 90% or higher amount can be used in programs and services.
As an Orbis monthly donor, you will receive...
- a personalized Orbis Friends/ Kid Sight Friends Membership Card
- annual certificates and souvenirs
- biannual Observer newsletters and electronic activity updates
- invitations to donor gatherings, See-n-Feel tours and Flying Eye Hospital visits
- an eye examination package at the Orbis price of HK$350 at PolyVision Eyecare Centres in Hong Kong
**Your immediate action can transform the lives of visually impaired people. Thank you!**